This was such a neat experience! I accomplished one of my 2011 goals of not necessarily losing weight but getting into better shape and I did it! In October Blaine and I ran a Ragnar Relay Race. 181 miles across Las Vegas, 12 people, 2 days, 1 night. My portion was 15 miles spread out through three runs. I did a 4.6 leg, a 3.5 leg and a 7.1 leg! Man oh man....hardest thing I've done in my life but definitely the most rewarding! Not only did I actually lose weight, got stronger legs, got better endurance and now I can run 7 miles without stopping haha. It was such a neat experience and although it was super hard and although sometimes during my 7 mile run at 3 a.m. I wanted to give up and just die....I made it! I am not afraid to admit that I was so happy when I was done that like TWO tears of joy came out of my eyes haha. I was runner 1 and so by 5 a.m. I was done! I was also so glad that Blaine went through this with me, couldn't have done it without him! Thanks to my sis-in-law Alisha who got everyone together to make this happen!
*UPDATE* I was like 5-6 weeks pregnant when I did this....HAD NO IDEA at the time although I did feel some cramps while running...but thankfully no morning sickness had started yet!





Way to go! That's a fabulous goal and man, I definitely can't say I can run 7 miles without stopping. That's just awesome! You look great!
ReplyDelete