PAGES

SLIDER

Things you might not know about me

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The other day I did something and I realized, "this is so me" haha What exactly did I do and what does that mean? Well below are 10 things that I do all the time and/or I like. I just thought about how I am happy with who I am and I'm grateful for those in my life who love me and accept me the way that I am. I might be silly or something but I just think about it and it makes me laugh. I don't care if anyone else laughs but the things I do/like/make me "me" gives me a smile all the time :)

1.) The Gospel makes a huge impact in my life and if I didn't get baptized when I was 14 then who knows where I would be now. My immediate De La Vega family all got baptized, we are sealed in the Temple, I am now sealed to my husband in the Temple, my brother is on a mission, my aunt and her entire family are now baptized and getting ready for the Temple.

2) I like to find the closest parking spot in a parking lot. Not because I hate walking, I know that is good for you. But I like the adventure of getting there first, winning, and feeling lucky. I know it is ridiculous sometimes how I will actually wait for a bit if I see a perfect spot with a car that still has people loading groceries in the car or I will drive an extra bit to check the next lane. I don't always get lucky but when I do find the best possible spot I feel like I feel like I just won and beat everyone else and my mood is instantly better!

3) Dishes are my most hated chore. I do them, every day, but with my pretty gloves on. It really is about the pots and pans that get stuff dried on them. Like making fajitas with a sweet and zesty sauce that then gets stuck and gooey in a minute and has slimy veggies stuck on the edges...I just don't like to touch it! That's why I wear my gloves and my mom always taught me that you can tell a lady is a lady by looking at how soft her hands are. I get down and dirty I promise. I help Blaine pick weeds and I play outside in the mountains. I just like my pretty gloves and that is the only way I can get dishes done.

4) I am kind of obsessed with TV.....but I use my time wisely. So here's the irony, we don't have cable. We don't even have a TV. We had two actually (but they were even smaller than my iMac and my dell laptop) and they were just sitting there in my living room hole the wall (meant for a big screen tv) and we don't even have time to SIT down and watch it so we DI'd them. That's the thing though, we don't miss it. All my favorite TV shows are online for free. I watch them on my iPhone while running,  in the kitchen on my laptop while washing dishes, and I do my laundry in my den.

5) When I want to eat something "bad", I always ask Blaine if I can have pizza hut haha I can make my own pizza no problem but it is not the same. I diligently cook healthy all the time so about once a month when I just don't want veggies with chicken and salad, I flutter my eye lashes and get pizza for dinner. Easy clean up too huh.

6) I love my iPhone 4. Maybe sometimes too much. I can do basically ANYTHING on it and I just want to keep it forever and upgrade only when it actually starts dying. I take good care of it because the first one I got for my 19th b-day and this new one for my 22nd bday so hopefully I don't need one again until like 26 ish? lol I watch movies, shows, listen to music, read all my blog readings on one page, I email and take pictures and journal and find recipes and find crafts and make to do lists and sync my calendars on the phone to my computer and it goes on....

7) I love my cat Lexy. She's our baby and we treat her as if she was our kid. We don't have a child in the immediate future but only Heavenly Father will tell. In the mean time we cuddle her, love her, play with her, feed her, clean up after her, and enjoy that she doesn't wake us up in the middle of the night too often haha

8) I secretly wish I was the next food network star....without actually being on TV. I suck on moving camera. haha I don't like my voice and I freak out. But I do love to cook. I love to experiment, try new recipes and making desserts! I am obsessed with anything made out of jello.

9) I love giving service whenever possible. I work full time and feel like I get nothing done but I always remember that I can do service at home for Blaine and help him by editing his papers, getting his lunches ready and just loving him every day with no complaining :)

10) I love MAC Cosmetics. Everyone has their own skin problems and likes and dislikes but I found what I like, love, works. No breakouts, no shiny face, no fading shadows....I have been using this entire line exclusively since  I was 16 and never found something wrong with it so I have a pretty nice collection. I love to play with my eyes and it's fun to get ready instead of a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger