Alisha (Blaine's sister) and I drove to Las Vegas from Provo and on Thursday night I knew that Friday was going to be insane! First of all, driving on Thursday night was pretty crazy because from Beaver to Cedar the I-15 was closed! We were thinking "How in the world do we get home then?" haha and well yes, there was like a side country road that amazingly enough didn't take that long and we were on our way home. Friday morning was intense because my mom became an official American citizen! It was great seeing her in her little ceremony and Blaine's mom was there too supporting her and my family. Then my parents took me to Olive Garden and it was soooo yummy! Gotta love it of course. Then we got ready for my mom's Red, White, and Blue BBQ and it was hosted by Angie Hansen. I love her and her family and everyone who was there (including the Davis') were there to support my mom on a great day. We kind of had to eat and run a little bit because we had to go to the airport to pick up Blaine! I felt nauseous ALL day and by the time we were driving to the airport I was soooo sick! Not like really sick but just nervous sick haha. We were there a good long time before he actually came down the escalators at the McCarran Airport and we were there with family and friends waiting for him with a huge sign that read "Welcome Home Blaine!" When I finally saw him coming down, everyone cheered but I couldn't say a word! He was so embarrassed by the way hahaha there were so many people there who love him and so we made him the center of attention at the airport. At first, he couldn't find me which was hilarious but when he saw me, it felt so great and I wasn' t crying anymore and he gave me a hug :) He gave everyone hugs so he was ok. It was just quick and cute and I guess I was still a little shaken up. It was chaotic and so he was visiting with everyone. When it was time to take pictures, he and I took pictures together and we recreated our first hug to take a picture and by the third hug, we didn't want to let go!!! It just felt so great and wow, I can't believe he is home. Then he went to his house, I went to my house and just waited until the next time I saw him.
The next day was Valentine's Day! This was also the day that he got released. I got to go to the releasing with his family and with Grandma and Grandpa Noorda and it was such a great spirit to be there with our stake president. Blaine bore a great testimony and Grandpa Noorda started talking about how amazing it was that Jeff went on a mission and then married Joni and so he said how amazing it was that Blaine went on a mission and we will soon be married as well! I couldn't help but crying! I just love feeling the spirit and knowing that Heavenly Father knows us and wants us to be happy.
The next day was Valentine's Day! This was also the day that he got released. I got to go to the releasing with his family and with Grandma and Grandpa Noorda and it was such a great spirit to be there with our stake president. Blaine bore a great testimony and Grandpa Noorda started talking about how amazing it was that Jeff went on a mission and then married Joni and so he said how amazing it was that Blaine went on a mission and we will soon be married as well! I couldn't help but crying! I just love feeling the spirit and knowing that Heavenly Father knows us and wants us to be happy.
So after Blaine got released, it was a snap to get back together! We went into the car in the church parking lot and Blaine started to hold my hand :) I was like wow! That feels so awesome and not awkward and it was great to have that back. At Blaine's house we had a little family council, got settled for what we were going to do for the day and Blaine and I went to Kohls, Tillies, and Baja Fresh for lunch. He needed to get some new things to wear and got stuff done. Later we just hung out and went to see a movie! It was hilarious because Blaine was fascinated by the commercials before the movie. Haha after not seeing moving pictures/TV for two years, he was pretty captivated. We saw the movie TAKEN and it was so good! It was a good thriller to hold hands and sit close to each other. Plus, it was Valentine's Day of course! Then we went to BJs for dinner and celebrated our Valentine's Day. It was sooooo great to have him back and by the end of the night, we both knew we were back together and stronger and more in love than ever :)




No comments:
Post a Comment