Say hello to baby Davis! I am currently 16 weeks pregnant but the pictures in this post are at 13 weeks. On January 24th, so in two weeks, I will get another ultrasound and that is when we find out boy or girl! I am so excited! I will be 18 weeks by then. I know there are some places/tests that you can find out earlier but I actually contained myself because I wanted to see the baby when it was bigger and we could get a more definite look. I cannot wait!
So I wanted to share the story about how I found out....On November 5, 2011...(little did i know I was 7 weeks pregnant already) That morning I woke up thinking I had to pee and take a test. Why did I wake up thinking to take a test? Well I was planning on it for like the whole week. I didn't have a real compelling reason but I figured I had 4 pregnancy tests in the house and 3 of them were $1 ones so I was like why not. I had been feeling gross all week, my monthly gift still hadn't come, and it had been like 3 weeks since my last test haha (which was negative even though looking back, I was pregnant and it was a false positive!). Also, on Wednesday at Mutual, our YW president and one of my best friends, told me that perhaps I was pregnant because I was feeling all sick and stuff. She was like just take a test. I was like ok, I take one like once a month and since Blaine will be gone Saturday, I might as well. I have learned to not take a test when Blaine is home because then I get all emotional and start bawling and I wind up feeling really sad. If I take it by myself and it is negative (like it always is) then I just throw it away, I don't cry, and I just pretend It didn't happen.
So taking this test was like any other time and I fully expected it to be negative like it always is. Nevertheless I wanted to just check and be done with worrying. So I take a test and with the $1 ones, you use the eye dropper thing. Well I put it in the wrong spot and then said oops and then I put it in the right stop and then guess what....it was POSITIVE. I was like ok....maybe it's broken because I put it in the wrong spot...let's open up a second $1 test and do that one correctly. I did the thing and it was POSITVE. Ok....two in a row....but they were the $1 and maybe they were broken so I rushed upstairs to grab the "expensive" ClearBlue one...the most advanced piece of technology I will ever pee on.... and it was the digital read where it clearly said not pregnant or PREGNANT. I've taken that one before all the time and it was always saying "not pregnant" so I also expected that one to read that way. But then it was POSITVE and it said, "PREGNANT".
Everytime the tests said they were POSITIVE I was just in shock and could not believe it was true! I kept looking at them and was amazed. I took the first test in the morning thinking it was going to be negative just like it has been every single time I take one and so I was REALLY surprised! It was a great surprise too! I started crying because I couldn't believe that It was finally POSITIVE. I kept thinking "what if all three tests are broken", "what if it is a hysterical pregnancy"...etc....haha I just cannot believe it! The only symptoms I have been having are slight nausea, cramps, maybe boobs got bigger but they didn't hurt but the biggest reason that made me think I could be pregnant is that I was soooooooooo tired! I needed more like 11 hours of sleep instead of 8. I used to get up everyday by 5 a.m. or earlier and I just couldn't do that anymore. That was the sign right there because I am usually totally ready to wake up at 5 and I usually HATE the snooze button but recently I love it because I actually do go back to sleep.
The first thing I did when I finally composed myself is kneel down and say a prayer to Heavenly Father. I was just so grateful and so happy and thankful for this little miracle of ours. I also prayed for health and the ability to KEEP this baby as it is growing. I also promised Heavenly Father that I would prepare even further to become a mother. I immediately became more aware of everything I was eating and I thought about all the things I had to do before this baby comes. I had no idea how far along I was because around October 17th I wasn't pregnant either...according to my test results.
Well my mom texted me to go to lunch and so I agreed but I knew it was going to be hard to not tell her yet because I hadn't even told Blaine yet! Then we got together with Joni, my mom-in-law! So I was there with both grandmas at the same time and I couldn't say a word!
So I rushed home, once I knew Blaine was home. I told Blaine to go hide in the office. I grabbed these onesies that had UNLV on them (I bought them months ago just for this moment) and the 3 positive pregnancy tests and I told Blaine to come out....I started crying! He saw me and he IMMEDIATELY knew that we were going to have a baby...His reaction was so perfect! He started crying the moment he saw me and the baby stuff. He kept saying "Oh Priscilla!" It was so beautiful to hear him say that and see him so happy. We hugged and cried and started smiling so big. I told him my adventures of the day and we were just like all smiles and giggles.
Everyday I get even more excited....I might not make it until June 23rd!!!






YAY! Super happy for you guys! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! I am super excited for you two. Being a mom is the best thing in the world. My little Blaine brings so much joy to my life. I'm glad you will get to experience that too.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! I am super excited for you two. Being a mom is the best thing in the world. My little Blaine brings so much joy to my life. I'm glad you will get to experience that too.
ReplyDeleteSoo excited for you! What a great story! I love that you were both so emotional, and rightly so. Babies are great; you'll love being a Mama and you'll do a great job! Just try to get some sleep and do your best to relax and be prepared. Oh, it'll be an adventure, but you'll love it! congrats again!
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet! Just wait until the first time he feels your little bubba kick. Chris just started crying and holding my belly. :) congrats lady! You are gonna make such a great mommy!
ReplyDeleteKatie mann
I got chills reading this. I remember vividly trying to have a baby, and having failed pregnancy tests. It was heartbreaking to see "not pregnant" every time...and I will never forget how I felt when it was finally "pregnant"! I am so very happy for you both! Being a mother is the best calling in the world. :) I love that you found out you were pregnant on the very day that my baby girl was born. :) Can't wait to hear what you're having! :)
ReplyDeleteAwwwe! you had me laughing and crying at the same time. I'm very happy for you both. God Bless you. Hold on to all that love and care through the whole pregnancy. My husband would get so excited and all every time I was pregnant lol. All 8 times. He still dotes on our oldest who's 22 and our youngest is 6 almost 7. Being pregnant was one of the happiest times of our life and holding all of our sweet babies. My husband was able to be there for each birth and hold them first. They grow so fast and I've been able to enjoy each of their stages with them as we learn together. I love being their mom. I'll love being a gramma too. keep us posted ;) when you can.
ReplyDelete