PAGES

SLIDER

New found snack!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

This year with resolutions and all, I have really been successful at eating healthier foods. Yes I still eat pizza and cake and ice cream but I needed to just watch those portions (because I will NOT give up my favorites haha) I have been very cautious about thinking about what goes inside my body and I have been trying to make healthier choices in some areas. I have to say that I have been the most successful with having healthy lunches, especially Monday -Friday. I am at work and I can't cook anything, just heat it up. I have a mini fridge and that's about it. I have stayed away from leftovers because dinners are usually the highest calorie meals of my day so why would I have that twice right? I also don't want to eat any type of meat twice a day. So right now my lunches/work snacks include fruits, simple salads (lettuce with veggies...spray ranch), yogurt, 10-calorie sugar free Jello (which is amazing by the way, you could never tell it was sugar free...it's like dessert!) natural popcorn, no butter, granola bars and whole wheat breads for sandwiches. I still need to eat more fruits and veggies but that will come. So today I was starving because I didn't have much food in our work kitchen when I realized I had a brand new bag of raw, unsalted, pure almonds. I like almond flavor and sliced almonds in other foods/desserts but I don't think I've ever eaten them raw....unsalted....etc. I had some today and they were amazing! Just a handful and it packs so much protein so it keeps you full. That's the key to my lunches, meatless but protein filled. Chocolate milk, yogurt, almonds....glad I tried something different and now I have a new favorite snack in my cabinet when I am hungered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger