For example, I was reading a story called, "John Dominic Crossan's 'blasphemous' portrait of Jesus" and whenever I see a headline talking about Christ or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I am automatically interested in what the article will say. Most of the time though, I am very disappointed in the way the media talks about anything religious. Of course we have the wonderful 1st Amendment right that states we are free to have our own opinion and the right to express that opinion but it still makes me sad when people out there don't know the truth about Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ. Anyways, this article said this about how some people see Christ as "The Enigma: Any definition of Jesus limits him. He is greater and more mysterious than any definition. He will always be a stranger". That line....right there.....and it made me stop reading the article. That is all I needed to read in order to know that I am so incredibly blessed to KNOW Jesus Christ and to know that he is not a stranger in my life. The media out there might think that Jesus was a mysterious man that many people will never know but I am here to say that I am so happy that there are missionaries out in the world like my little brother right now who are trying to teach people about Christ and how to know him. All we need to do is try and talk to him because I know he's there.
Monday: Media Memories in the Making...
Monday, February 28, 2011
Media Memories in the Making....what does that even mean? Lately I've been thinking a lot about journalism and the media and how much I loved to study that in school. The media has always intrigued me and with a communications degree I feel like I know the media pretty well. What I would love to study and explore more though, is how the media affects us and our families. From now on, I decided that each Monday I want to write about the different "media memories" that are created out there for us and our families to be exposed to. Whether it is a book, movie, news story or the latest celebrity example.....every part of the media creates memories in us whether good or bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger





No comments:
Post a Comment