PAGES

SLIDER

Halloween Trick-or-Treating

Thursday, October 28, 2010

http://wallpampers.com/holidays/2644
I read this CNN article that talked about this year's debate on trick or treating on Sunday. It sparked my interest because Sunday is a very special day for me. I do not have kids so I don't have to deal with this issue but what do you think? Is trick-or-treating on Sunday not a good Sabbath day activity or is it a nice way to visit neighbors? I have no opinion on this yet but both LDS and non LDS people have thought different things. Last year, my brother-in-law got baptized on a Saturday and it happened to be Halloween. I remember one mom opted to wait another month for her child to be baptized because she thought Halloween was evil. I do not feel that way at all. If anything, I enjoyed pumpkin stew at the baptism luncheon. But dressing up and going out late at night to get candy? Not sure yet. Our ward's trunk-or-treat is Friday so If I had kids, they would definitely hang out there. Sunday is also a school night. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger