



One family tradition from Mexico that we follow is called a "ROSCA". I don't know exactly what it means but on January 6th, that's supposedly the day when the 3 wise men came to see baby Jesus and give him gifts. So on the 5th, little kids put shoes out for the wise men to bring presents and on the 6th there are presents by the shoes! So little kids do that and Blaine and I plan on doing that for our children. So then for dessert, we have this mexican bread where there are little baby Jesus figures inside the bread. There's always a couple figures inside but the one that is pink is the special one! Whoever gets the pink figure throws a party on February 2nd of the same year. My mom makes this delicious mexican hot chocolate and it's all hot and frothy. I got the pink figure and so it's a party at the Davis'!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment